jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Like any other service, power washing profitability for residential comes down to a few main issues. Of course with all else being equal and your main goal is providing the best possible cleaning outcome for the customer.

-time and efficiency. The faster you finish, the more you earn an hour. That’s why a larger GPM machine will serve you far better then a smaller machine. Kinda like a portable for carpet cleaning, it will get the job done, but set up and tear down just take longer, time you could spend at the next house.

- Upselling. A large amount of people will only call for the house cleaning, but if you can convince them to power wash things such as walkways or decks, you are increasing your profit

- Marketing on the same street you are on. The house next to the house you are cleaning most likely is as dirty, so I make sure my van is in clear view. Power washing is a loud service, and people see water flowing everywhere. Make sure you smile and wave at any neighbors, they often will call you later.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
I think pressure washing could be a great add-on service, but our truckmounts dont offer much more than 1200psi which is not very much when trying to powerwash a deck, truck or building. It would mean investing in a small trailer and a large 3000psi pressure washer to do any serious work. In some cases you may need to bring your own water too.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Richard,

Power washing is less about PSI and more about GPM.

The more gallons per minute, the faster a home gets clean. And the difference between a 3.5 GPM and a 5 GPM is huge.

Any TM sold today wont give you enough GPM, its better to just get an additional system

Chiquillo

Sep 6, 2008
South Baja / Mexico
Real Name
Osvaldo Trasvina
Business Location
Mexico
676A0148.jpgphoto0025.jpgphoto0027.jpgphoto0032.jpg676A1026.JPG676A0680.JPG676A0702.JPG

For me Here in my State, more than glad to do this service / Going Commercial & Semi- Industrial / Is my best Option!!!
I work residential also, but not close to what Commercial or Industrial can Offer.
Next Project, is to go Industrial very strong!! This is the Place they are offering me, to get the One Year Contract, More than glad if I can sign this Contract next week. See how it goes!!!

676A1226.JPG676A1229.JPG676A1233.JPG676A1237.JPGOso con Golliath!!!.JPG :bigsmiley:

Budget

Dec 21, 2011
MI
Real Name
Ron Selvidge
Business Location
United States
I think we are leaving out an important part, hot water! I have found that I can powerwash with less psi and more heat. So if you have a set up with 3000psi and a heater you are good to go! Ans I have done evrything from dumpsters and their pads, to parking decks to outsides of brick buildings. I am lucky to have TM with a 20 hourse Koler and I upgraded the pump to 3000 psi and my Power Line unit with a Kero heater gets me 300 degrees. Now I did have to go but a small trailer with a 275 gallon water tank but it works great for me. So again don't forget about heat it helps clean better and faster! In my UNproffesional opinion!!!!!

Chiquillo

Sep 6, 2008
South Baja / Mexico
Real Name
Osvaldo Trasvina
Business Location
Mexico
ofcourse Het Power Wash will be way better than Cold Pressure washing!! That's why In Pressure washing The Skid Unit, will be similar to a T.M in Carpet Cleaning

A unit with those numbers are great. 3000psi at 300f / Man is great!!! put some pict.
a great difference also in how the water will flow better from your gun / is the right nozzle size / it is very important also
I have a small Portable unit know / I want to upgrade to Skid Unit, so I can have way more power & Heat
A hott pressure washer with 3500psi / 4000psi and 250+ F Great Fast Results / no problem!!!

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
I think we are leaving out an important part, hot water! I have found that I can powerwash with less psi and more heat. So if you have a set up with 3000psi and a heater you are good to go! Ans I have done evrything from dumpsters and their pads, to parking decks to outsides of brick buildings. I am lucky to have TM with a 20 hourse Koler and I upgraded the pump to 3000 psi and my Power Line unit with a Kero heater gets me 300 degrees. Now I did have to go but a small trailer with a 275 gallon water tank but it works great for me. So again don't forget about heat it helps clean better and faster! In my UNproffesional opinion!!!!!

I was going to say basically the same thing - heat!

But, according to some you don't even need heat for carpet cleaning.

Chiquillo

Sep 6, 2008
South Baja / Mexico
Real Name
Osvaldo Trasvina
Business Location
Mexico
Green Tech / I just put a New Thread about Dry Ice / Blasting service, I saw some info, some videos from a web site /
In the New Industrial Job, I might have? I think I need something like this.

Do you have experience in this field? Any tips, or places I can find more Pro-Info more than welcome
I'm trying to learn the most that I can about this technique.:AddEmoticons04233:

Ultrabrite

Jan 31, 2011
MD
Real Name
Tom Carter
I have to desagree Jay on [ Less Psi? ] Psi ofcourse is a mayor part to, in Power washing. GPM. Yes is important.
But to say that Psi is not a Difference. I think not.

Or correct me if I'm wrong?

I will have to disagree with you on this one Chiquillo. PSI is merely a means to deliver the cleaning agent and for rinsing by way of an arc. You never want to use direct PSI at all (unless of course your intentions are to strip paint or damage vinyl). Especially where residential PW is concerned, its almost completely GPM that does the cleaning. Then again, I've only got 13 years of PW under my belt. What do I know?

:D

Reactions: Clean Force

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I have to desagree Jay on [ Less Psi? ] Psi ofcourse is a mayor part to, in Power washing. GPM. Yes is important.
But to say that Psi is not a Difference. I think not.

Or correct me if I'm wrong?

yea i wasnt saying psi wasnt important, I personally think for residential power washing using a soft wash system, gpm is more important. Now concret power washing, stripping, ect psi is just as important or more

Ultrabrite

Jan 31, 2011
MD
Real Name
Tom Carter
In no particular order:

Residential house wash (house and/or drive ways)
Commercial buildings
Fleet Wash
Fast food drive thru's
Parking garages
Parking Lots
Store fronts
Farm equipment
Mobile detailing
Decks (though you gotta watch the psi)
Trailer parks

That was 11. You get the point. :D

Reactions: Clean Force

cleanserite

Nov 27, 2012
Real Name
ernie kosar
In no particular order:

Residential house wash (house and/or drive ways)
Commercial buildings
Fleet Wash
Fast food drive thru's
Parking garages
Parking Lots
Store fronts
Farm equipment
Mobile detailing
Decks (though you gotta watch the psi)
Trailer parks

That was 11. You get the point. :D
What would you charge on a average for a nasty drive through