What do you do when you get a carpet that you keep getting dirt out of? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What do you do when you get a carpet that you keep getting dirt out of?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Today i am cleaning carpets in the office of a car dealer service shop. Its blue cgd, and in the main pathways, i have cleaned 1 hallway literally 6 times with bio break and groutmaster at 600 psi high heat. My sight tube STILL shows dark brown water. And the carpet STILL has an obvious brown pathway. I obviously cant spend a 2 weeks cleaning 2,500 sq ft of carpet. What do you do in this situation? Im just going to clean like regular since it seems to make no difference whether i sit and scrub vs just doing a good strong once over.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
After you clean go over the traffic areas with a bonnet and a good encap cleaner. I use Encapuclean DS.
[/QUOTE

Why does this help? Ive never understood that. I did just buy a 175. But its unfortunately in my other van at a mechanic right now. Also havent bought bonnetts yet.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Heres 2 pics
20200614_120441.jpg
20200614_111052.jpg

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I believe it has to do with the remaining soil that has been partially suspended is removed through controlled friction rather than extraction. Try some encap solution on a rag and see what transfers.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
It doesn't look good, are you mixing a strong pre spray ?

8 scoops of groutmaster and 4 oz of citrusolv in a hydroforce sprayer. Sprayed heavy. Keep getting more and more mud. just had to finish and call it good. I simply cant just go over it 10 times

Reactions: Fedri

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Turned out okay i suppose. Maybe will be brighter after fully dry too.

Attachments

• 20200614_134646.jpg
    20200614_134646.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
8 scoops of groutmaster and 4 oz of citrusolv in a hydroforce sprayer. Sprayed heavy. Keep getting more and more mud. just had to finish and call it good. I simply cant just go over it 10 times
Well sounds like you have done what ever you can, I came across to similar where they haven't got their carpets cleaned for over 20 years and the dirt just built up over these years and I wasn't able to get a satisfying results.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Would a rotary really make a difference? I never used one. I used my entire butler fresh water tank just cleaning 2500 sq ft of this carpet
But what are you scrubbing with? After the first lack luster cleaning I woulda let it dry then come back and hit it with my Certified Pile Lifter. Prespray heavy. Next with a buffer with red pad minimum but I prefer my Cimex with gray pads. Then another light round a prespray. Now you flush/extract. You can follow up with a bonnet if needed.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Turned out okay i suppose. Maybe will be brighter after fully dry too.
Looks bleached out or color is a bit removed.
Your chem mix is too strong.
Citrus Sov, I not a fan of that for a carpet pre spray, spotter yes, but not all the carpet unless you have something other then general soils.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Looks bleached out or color is a bit removed.
Your chem mix is too strong.
Citrus Sov, I not a fan of that for a carpet pre spray, spotter yes, but not all the carpet unless you have something other then general soils.
Its not bleached out. I was still extracting mud/ grease. Its dirt. Also i am referring to the prespray booster, not the spotter.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
You can also try a additive in your rinse. Try CTI/pros choice SCR soil crystallization rinse.
Basically it adds an encap as you rinse. It also helps with wicking. as long as regular vacuuming is being done then it should minimize what you are experiencing.

I personally think that this plush CGD should be encaped with Robs Super cap and Shake and rake. Shake and rake by itself is a phenomenal product! plus itll save you time and tons on fuel cost. Just give shake & rake a try, I dont think youll be dissapointed.

If you do use HWE id lower the PSI to about 200 PSI, and use something like a bonzer, zipper or go really slow with a wand. do double or triple dry passes and dry as soon as possible

I think Rob sells the bonzer and other HVCD wands

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Today i am cleaning carpets in the office of a car dealer service shop. Its blue cgd, and in the main pathways, i have cleaned 1 hallway literally 6 times with bio break and groutmaster at 600 psi high heat. My sight tube STILL shows dark brown water. And the carpet STILL has an obvious brown pathway. I obviously cant spend a 2 weeks cleaning 2,500 sq ft of carpet. What do you do in this situation? Im just going to clean like regular since it seems to make no difference whether i sit and scrub vs just doing a good strong once over.
Cover the sight window!

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Reminds me of my car mats. No matter what, dirt keeps coming out. Not that it matters with them. Hosing em off outside forever...

But can't do that on your car dealer carpet. !!