Who are the best independent truck mount makers? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Who are the best independent truck mount makers?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Propane is by far the safest fuel to run inside a truck or RV etc.

Its why the entire RV industry uses it
I believe they use it because it is clean burning and using it for hvac, water heater and cooking makes sense (with an outside belly tank), however for our industry application I dont believe its safer than diesel, of course I am kinda bias as Ive never had a diesel burner literally blow me out of the back of a van and burn off my eyebrows and eyelashes lol

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Yes but they all run belly tanks. Also I’ve noticed many are switching over to diesel heat now.
We run belly tanks as well, and yes diesel for interior heat sometimes but all stoves, water heaters, refrigerators etc propane.

I bought a 2018 travel trailer this last summer everything is solar, propane, battery/electric

I always see people on this forum posting how much more dangerous propane is lol, I promise your misinformed. Propane is only combustible as a vapor.

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
What type of issues does propane really have? A lot of it comes from people watching too many movies. Living off the grid, propane is one of the few fuels I don’t worry much about. Doesn’t mean I mishandle it or don’t respect it. But the odorant in it is the #1 most potent man made smell. It’s ez to detect. A BBQ grill uses them with flames 6” away. Unless you break the valve they are pretty safe. I wouldn’t maybe tie one to my rear bumper or something but safe handling they are pretty safe.

Reactions: Fedri and ACP

gasmaster5000

Jun 26, 2010
TX
Real Name
Eric O'Bryan
Business Location
United States
One of the reasons I like diesel is it’s availability. Propane fill ups were a PITA. Half the time we went to refill the tanks, the guy that did the work was busy or not even there.

Reactions: SRD

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ya definitely if you dont have a good fill station near by then propane can be a pain but still if you wanted you can get huge tank placed next to your house and filled on schedule for really cheap.

We fill 4 blocks away @2.19 per gallon

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Was $1.99 here for 3 yrs. now it’s 2.09
We have tons of fill stations being in a climate many use propane to heat with. We have massive amounts of summer campers head up here too and fill up. They are manned, no issues getting fills

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Les at Judson was talking about coming out with a CNG (natural gas) model.

If your house is on natural gas u can get a fill station for around $5k.

Then not only are you filling at home whenever you want, your paying .48 cents per gallon.

You can run TM, heater and truck (if diesel converted) all on the CNG

All our garbage trucks here run on CNG.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I like it. Would you consider your chem meter up stream or downstream? Have you measured the GPM for accuracy?
Thanks for bringing it up. As of now is " no stream" , but I don't want my rinse or detergent running trough the pump., so downstream it is. My last pump Triplex General was indestructible , partially, because I pampered it with a tripled filtered system. Once in a six months , I made sure that springs in the valves are not getting tired and that they're free of lint. O-rings were as good as new, never overtightenened , brushed with a dab of grease for high temperatures( plumbers grade). All I ran through this one was mild acid rinse( 4-6 Ph) at 3-4 gpm. Honestly, I pray for downstream, as I have to do lot of flushing. I have some of your rinse samples, both alkaline and acid. I'll try it soon and will post about results. I know, it sounds crazy, I'm still busy and I didn't get GPM down to the science, or for that matter didn't learn a lot about my new setup, so thanks again. I'm 2 weeks in and I need oil change .
Am I wrong to run fully synthetic, 20-50 motorcycle oil Mobil-1 in my 23 Hp Vanguard? I know it's winter , but ...
Do you take seasons in consideration, or you have oil of your choice.I'm aware that Vanguardd is calling for 5w-30. I would appreciate feedback on this matter.
Thanks in advance, boys and girls...

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I believe they use it because it is clean burning and using it for hvac, water heater and cooking makes sense (with an outside belly tank), however for our industry application I dont believe its safer than diesel, of course I am kinda bias as Ive never had a diesel burner literally blow me out of the back of a van and burn off my eyebrows and eyelashes lol
I do remembed you mentioned that event.
Can you recall how it happened, since a lot of us have propane tanks inside, myself included, sk we can learnfrom tour mistake? When I'm about to finish job( only few minutes left) I run to the van and shut off propane feed, there is still plenty of heat left in coils to finish the job.
Before job, I inspect interior of the van for foul smell of propane or gas. Since I have a fuel tap, there shouldn't be gas present in the air. After opening propane tank valve, I depress pilot switch( control knob won't allow me to turn switch to on position before pilot is on. After 2-3 seconds holding the button, striker will ignite pilot and after10-15 seconds, I'll turn the switch to an On position. The cycle is complete and water in coils is heating up.
What did you do differently that resulted in a burnt eybrows?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I do remembed you mentioned that event.
Can you recall how it happened, since a lot of us have propane tanks inside, myself included, sk we can learnfrom tour mistake? When I'm about to finish job( only few minutes left) I run to the van and shut off propane feed, there is still plenty of heat left in coils to finish the job.
Before job, I inspect interior of the van for foul smell of propane or gas. Since I have a fuel tap, there shouldn't be gas present in the air. After opening propane tank valve, I depress pilot switch( control knob won't allow me to turn switch to on position before pilot is on. After 2-3 seconds holding the button, striker will ignite pilot and after10-15 seconds, I'll turn the switch to an On position. The cycle is complete and water in coils is heating up.
What did you do differently that resulted in a burnt eybrows?
When I owned my distributorship I was working on a old steam genie sizzler in the back of a ford E350 for a client they told me they couldnt get the pilot on the little giant heater to stay lit, long story short the line coming from the belly tank to the heater had a hole in it that I was not made aware of, I turned the belly tank on and proceeded to try to light the pilot and KABOOM, literally blew me out of the van and singed my eyebrows and eyelashes pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes.
Called the client told them what happened for some reason they thought it was funny so I told him to come get his fudgeing van and to never bring it back to me again. Shitty thing was when the tech came to get it he told me the owner was supposed to have told me about the leak.

Reactions: gasmaster5000

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Damn thats crazy SRD. Super scary. I had one minor incident but it was my fault.

#3 little giant that used to use bbq tanks, i put on an inline tank guage that shows how much propane is left not knowing the orafice was significantly smaller and only made for bbq.

The pilot kept going out and I couldnt figure out why, then it caused some irregular gas flow went to light it and boom got my eyebrows lol.

I had my face wayyyy too close. We glue small mirrors to the bottom of the LGs now so you can light at safe distance.

We always pump the plunger and hit ignitor with face far back

Reactions: Fedri and SRD

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Propane is by far the safest fuel to run inside a truck or RV etc.

Its why the entire RV industry uses it
Absolutely correct. I use it in my mini van for the last 5 years very safe.
I use the barbecue tank, it's 25lbs capacity, Costco filled in it 16lbs, that's 64% full, this way there's no pressure build up till the top because there is the 36% safety space.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Damn thats crazy SRD. Super scary. I had one minor incident but it was my fault.

#3 little giant that used to use bbq tanks, i put on an inline tank guage that shows how much propane is left not knowing the orafice was significantly smaller and only made for bbq.

The pilot kept going out and I couldnt figure out why, then it caused some irregular gas flow went to light it and boom got my eyebrows lol.

I had my face wayyyy too close. We glue small mirrors to the bottom of the LGs now so you can light at safe distance.

We always pump the plunger and hit ignitor with face far back
LoL I had a similar incident with my h3 but my face was far away and explosion scared the shit out of me .

I like the mirror idea instead of sticking your face for a possible explosion. Currently I am running my h2 and that is safer then my h3.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
all 3 deisel/propane/ HX

had a guy years ago say that a HX pressurized and blew up and sent shrapnel every where?????

I really kinda doubt this....but
HX can have a lot of steam and pressure built up and can certainly break and blow hot water steam 10 feet and scold your face!!!!

safest in order:
1. HX
2. kerosene
3. propane

best Heat:
1. kerosene
2. propane
3. HX

Reactions: gasmaster5000

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
When I owned my distributorship I was working on a old steam genie sizzler in the back of a ford E350 for a client they told me they couldnt get the pilot on the little giant heater to stay lit, long story short the line coming from the belly tank to the heater had a hole in it that I was not made aware of, I turned the belly tank on and proceeded to try to light the pilot and KABOOM, literally blew me out of the van and singed my eyebrows and eyelashes pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes.
Called the client told them what happened for some reason they thought it was funny so I told him to come get his fudgeing van and to never bring it back to me again. Shitty thing was when the tech came to get it he told me the owner was supposed to have told me about the leak.
What a story. Failure to pass info about leaking gas , knowing that someone's live is at stake, is inexcusable...

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Oh i agree whole heartedly

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So, wher are we standing on topic about best independent TM builders. I know that some of you have yours builtr by Wolf cleaning in Mokena, IL. Jim builds Omega 590 and started a new line, with a smaller engine, Omega 360. Anyone want to share their experiences with Omega?
I know it's a solid machine...